Have Passport, Will Travel: Cuba Holiday April 2010...

Friday, August 06, 2010

Cuba Holiday April 2010...

Afternoon!

Like per usual this must be a record, I haven't updated this Blog for ages now... Mainly because I was busy and also because I had better things to do...

In the mean time I have been to Cuba with my wife, to Dubai with my Lebanese agent, to India with my Indian rep and various other places in the last few months...

Right Cuba...

That was an eye opener I can tell you. The place is absolutely stunning but its ruined by the fact that the cuban people are dirt poor and under control of the government... They make fuck all money there while they see rich freely spending tourist having fun in their paradise...


This was the beach right outside my hotel in Varadero. Varadero is a 20 mile strip of white sandy beaches and lots of all inclusive hotels...


We did this holiday as a two centre jobbie. We stayed in Havana the first three days which was brilliant. Loadsa bars and restaurants and they all had one thing in common, they all had little cuban bands playing. This restaurant which strangely was called Vietnamese Reastaurant even though it didn't serve anything remotely Vietnamese had this combo playing. They were really good. It transpired that a lot of cubans are properly trained musicians that can't get any decent work so they have to work the tourist scene... After that we relocated to Varadero for 10 days lounging on the beach... what hardship that was... hahahahaha...


While we were in Havana this UK registered boat showed up to show the locals that yes, we are dirty capitalists... Bloody huge...


And yes, the cliche is true, the whole place is full of pre- 1957 american cars. This is because the govermnent doesn't allow any normal person to buy a new car... So they have to make do with these old bangers that look good but are pretty crap...

This is the Government House in Havana. Looks a bit like the White House doesn't it?

So, all in all, I enjoyed Cuba but I would not go back in a hurry unless there is regime change... I can't bear to watch these poor people living in paradise without any bloody money just because their government thinks that communism is the way forward...

By the way, Mojitos rock!!! Never drunk so much rum in my life!!! Hahahhahahaha!!!

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|