Have Passport, Will Travel: Jay's little excursion...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Jay's little excursion...

Afternoon,

I tried to upload some pictures but that didn't work today. No worries...

Last sunday we took Jay to Stanstead Forest. We again let him off the lead. He was fine, just trotting about and not trying to run off. When we got to the bottom part of the forest I remarked to Jackie that it was a bit odd that we hadn't seen any deer. Normally we see quite a few in that place. Then I noticed Jackie pointing at something behind me...

I quickly looked around and saw a whole group of deer, at least 7 full sized roe deer, sprinting out the side of the forest. Unfortunately with Jay in hot pursuit.... He chased the deer all the way down the hill and through the sugar beet fields until the deer and himself were out of view. The missus and I were rather worried but it is impossible to chase a greyhound as they leg it at 40 MPH. So we just stood where we were and waited. And luckily after a few minutes he came walking back. He was so knackered that on his way back he just stopped and laid down in the sugar beet field. Jackie had to wade out into the muddy field to go and get him.

He hadn't hurt his feet on the flints in the field and the deer must have been ok as he was wearing his muzzle. So, all's well that ends well... He has had his first free run and he hasn'thurt himself or any other animal. On the monday he was rather stiff and achey but he deserved that ....

Tomorrow, wednesday, I'm off to Turkey. I'm going the long way... Flying from Heathrow to Paris, from there to Istanbul, a night in Istanbul then on my way to Erzurum, ater a job there it'son to Trabzon. After a site survey there it's on to Isparta City in Antalya province. The trip should last about 8 to 10 days. I'll see if I can find a phone line so I can do some updates to the Blog.

Cheerio,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|