Have Passport, Will Travel: Jay's progress...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jay's progress...

Afternoon,

Haven't updated the site for a bit, I have been busy. I have booked my tickets to go and see my family in Holland in December, for my dads birthday. It's his 65th so I can't miss that.

On saturday we took Jay to one of our favourite walks. We took him to Wormingford. We also took Jackie's sister's dogs with us, Sheeba and Kahlua. We took them for a reason. This is the first time we tried Jay off the lead. So the other two were there to slow him down incase he did a runner... It went very well. He didn't just leg it and disappear over the horizon. He stayed fairly close and spend most of the time trying to get his muzzle off. As we don't trust him around small dogs yet when we do let him off he will have to wear a muzzle. In the piccie above Kahlua did an abortive run into a field with Jay and Sheeba in pursuit. Luckily the ground was pretty rough so they all gave up rather quickly.


On the sunday the missus and I finally took the swimmingpool down. As it is a frame pool the spot where it has been the grass is fairly manky and rotten. Jay thought that that was the cue for him to start rolling in the smelly mud. Unfortunately for him we straightaway stuck him in the shower as he stank to high heaven. To be honest he didn't bat an eyelid, just stood there and let us wash him. OK, granted, I don't think it was his favourite moment of the weekend but at least he didn't holler and whine.


In the evening he did his best to convince us that he indeed is a lapdog as he climbed over me to get to the space between me and the missus. He spend most of the evening there. At least he was clean hahahaha....

So, again, we seem to be going the right way with him. Give it a few months and we should be able to let him off anywhere. What the mutt doesn't know yet is that the missus has enrolled him for dog obedience classes....

I'll keep you informed,

Cheerio,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|