Have Passport, Will Travel: My New Chinese friends...

Sunday, February 03, 2008

My New Chinese friends...

Afternoon again!

Another update from the land of the camels...

Today we made a lot of progress. The scanner is up and running and the system is all hunkydory. The picture below you can see the electrical engineer putting the finishing touches to the temporary installation. The scanner is happy on the 220V single phase and the fan is happy chugging along on the 480V 3phase.

The scanner hut doesn't look like this anymore. I turned my back for a minute and now the hut has walls on all sides. The chinese workers really work fast I must say.


This is Mr Bin Yu from Zhejang putting the fibre modem in this morning.
This is (From left to right...) Mr Bin Yu, the electrical engineer, myself from www.thermoteknix.com and Mr Jin Guo Yao. Mr Jin Guo Yao is the interpreter and he has done an excellent job. Translating my english jabberings into fluent chinese can't be easy...
I don't really know who these other people in the picture are, I think they are operators that will run the kiln when it is up and running.

All in all the job is going very well. Tomorrow I will do the training on the equipment. The chinese compay will run the Northern Region Cement Plant for the first year while the arabic operators are being trained.

OK, I have to keep this short, it is nearly dinner time here. Yippee! More chinese food! Some people here have complained about the food but not me. It is bloody excellent, bring it on!

Cheerio,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|