Have Passport, Will Travel: New Year's Eve 2007/2008 in Holland...

Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Year's Eve 2007/2008 in Holland...

Afternoon all,

Again a late entry...

Where to start? OK, just after Christmas me and the wife went over to Holland to visit my family. New Year's Eve is a much better party in Holland than in England... More booze, more fireworks, just more fun. We flew there using Ryanair which was crap as per usual. I think if the scrimping and saving on Ryanair goes any further then only midgets will be able to travel. I am not that big, just 5ft 11 inches and I can't get my legs in the small seats... They even now charge you to check-in. If you do it online its free, done at the desk in the airport it's two quid each...

The piccie below is my wife explaining the intricacies of digital photography.... Yes, indeed, it is a case of the deaf leading the blind hahahahaha....

My younger brother Jeroen had managed to get his hands on some illigal fireworks from Belgium. These are far louder and unfortunately more dangerous as they are not subject to any checks but that didn't worry me. He had secured me a load of different stuff and my god, were they loud.... The picture below is an example of one of them. It was one of those things that you light once and then it bangs and thunders for 10 minutes, bloody great! Basically when that was going on you couldn't hear anyhthing else going on, Ace!



The next day everyone was quite hungover and the streets were a mess with loadsa red paper and shite left from the fireworks still in the streets. That evening we took my parents out to a chinese restaurant in Ijsselstein for a good chinky. A good time was had by all and I have to thank my parents and my two brothers for being excellent hosts again, thanks guys!

Since then I have been away for work to Macedonia which I will do an entry for as well.

Cheerio,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|