Have Passport, Will Travel: Mexico and Guatemala

Friday, May 30, 2008

Mexico and Guatemala

Afternoon,


Finally an interesting trip again. I'm off to Acapulco, Mexico and Sanarate in Guatemala. I've been to Mexico before but not to Acapulco. And for a change the cement plant is actually in the town and not miles into the jungle... This is the place where they do the cliff diving. I've got a day off over the wekend so i will make the effort to go and see this. From the piccies it looks spectacular.Don't even think that I am going to try this myself. This is one of those activities that is best observed from a beer terrace while quaffing Mexico's finest... Corona, Sol, Dos Equis, Modelo, Pacifico. Damn, I know more beer brands from Mexico than what I know here in the UK hahahaha. Plus I love mexican food. Whatever it is, doused in hot chillies does for me...
After Mexico i fly on to Guatemala. This is a place where I have never been before. I had a scoot about on the old interweb and found a few piccies including one of the actual place where i am going. Apparently this is a local beer.... Worth a try methinks...
This is the town of Sanarate in El Progreso county. This is where the plant is close to.

And below is the actual cement plant. I got 4 days there so all in all this trip will be nearly two weeks with a nice short break in the middle in Acapulco...
I know, I know, somebody has to do these hard trips so I will sacrifice myself for this one hahahahahaha!!!! OK, I'll update when I get to Acapulco. I'm off on monday unfortunately with Air Puke (Air France...)... never mind at least it is a nearly direct flight...
More later,

Alex.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|