Have Passport, Will Travel: Back in the good old US of A....

Friday, February 15, 2008

Back in the good old US of A....

Morning All!

Another update from another corner of the globe. I am now in the USA for two jobs at Holcim Clarksville in Missouri and Southern Lime in Alabama. I arrived in the US on sunday from Gatwick. I flew into St Louis via Cincinatti. The weather was bloomin awful. Snow, cold, sleet, whatever, it was cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey...

This trip I have a new guy with me. This is Matt who is the new apprentice commissioning engineer. At least I have someone to scrape the car windows for me... hahahaha... The job at Holcim went pretty well... I'm busy training Matt up so he can take some of the strain of the travel of me... The missus wasn't too impressed with me missing Valentines Day. Again. I think in the last 14 years I have been home twice for it... Ah well, it saves on flowers and choccies.
This is the bridge over the Mississippi at Louisiana. The river was frozen over but the huge river barges were still going... We stayed at the Hindu Hilton. It was actually called the Rivers Edge Hotel but the locals call it the Hindu Hilton as the guy who runs it is an Indian. The guy was very helpful to us. There are no taxis or cabs in Louisiana so he drove is across the bridge to The Lighthouse restaurant where they had fresh catfish and pork chops on the menu.
After St Louis we flew to Birmingham Alabama to go to Southern Lime in Calera. It was still cold but at least the snow stopped. The job is going slowly as we are waiting on some equipment from Black Box to arrive...
This is Matt doing his first scanner alignment and focus. So far so good, if he measures up it should relieve some of the pressure of me... My wife would like to see me home for some time of the year...

OK, gotta go, time waits for no man, off to Lima, Peru, tomorrow,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|