Have Passport, Will Travel: Guatemala is cool....

Monday, June 30, 2008

Guatemala is cool....

Afternoon,

Sorry about the delay in posting, I was being kept very busy. This update is about my recent venture into Guatemala. This was a real eyeopener. It is a beautiful country with very friendly nice people. I had a good time. The work went well and the customer was more than happy.
Of course I managed to get some time away from the job and had a quick wizz around Guatemala City. The piccie below is the Government House in the central square of Guatemala City. As you can see behind me there is some protest going on but I didn't find out what it was all about as we were on our way to a bar hahahaha....

This is the cement factory in San Miguel. Its called Cementos Progreso and was located some 60 km away from Guatemala City.

These are two of my new friends from the cement place. As they all lived in Guatemala City as well they took me on a tour of the town...

This is us after we had a few buckets of Gallo. Gallo is the local brew and it is good. Well, it sure gave me a sore head after a few... (Read 20...)

This is one of the slums sticking to the side of a mountain on the edge of the city...


All in all I had a good time. The place is still fairly original and not completely americanised as some of the central american countries can be, like, say, Costa Rica... If you are looking for a good bar/club go to Club Elite in the business district in Guatemala City...

Cheerio,

Alex.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|