Have Passport, Will Travel: I don't belieeeeeeeeeeve it!!!!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I don't belieeeeeeeeeeve it!!!!

Morning,

You will not believe this. People who have been reading the Blog know what a load of problems we have been through to get our new kitchen sorted. Leaky ceilings, gas mains condemned and all sorts of other stuff happening. But, finally a few weeks ago it got to the stage that you see below. We were getting there. All that was left was the old kitchen to be plastered and painted and the whole floor to be levelled and tiled.

Imagine my rage, disappointment, frustration and sheer disbelief when yesterday I heard a little dripping noise coming from under one of the cabinets. When I moved the cooker and looked under the cabinets I spotted a minor tributary of the river Nile pissing along the wall behind the cabinet.


So I had a quick look and noticed that the whole wall behind the corner cabinets was wet. Great. So I called out the installer that had fitted the kitchen. Luckily he was available on short notice. He had a quick look and within half an hour my kitchen looked like the picture below. All the corner cabinets have been ripped out, the whole row of upper cabinets have been taken off, my dishwasher has been taken out, the trunking on the ceiling has been chisseled open and the tiles are starting to come of on the trunking along the pipes. Great.


It has turned out that one of the quick fit pipe t-pieces has sprung a leak. This has probably been going on for quite a while as the wall is sodden and the cabinets in front have started to swell up.


I have got the plumbers coming in to replace the whole lot of plastic quick fit shite with proper copper. They should be doing that right now as I type.... The kitchen installer guy is coming back this evening to refit the kitchen cabinets if possible...

Remind me, next time when I say I am going to do something to my kitchen, tie me down in a chair, stick a funnel in my gob, feed me a bottle or three of whiskey and only untie me when I have completely and utterly forgotten about that stupid idea.... The person that invented DIY should be shot at dawn...

Alex. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|