Have Passport, Will Travel: Gastric Bypass... (or something like that...) Part 4

Monday, August 21, 2006

Gastric Bypass... (or something like that...) Part 4

Wheyhey, I had a reply from Chaz, it's in the comments but I have stuck it on a full post so that its visible...

Hi Elmer, Just a note from your friend Chaz. Operation seems to have been a success so far. Restrictions include no alcohol, no fizzy drinks, no fried foods, no currys, no chilli and that is probably forever unless I get the band removed. Oh well, I guess I ate my fair share of all that stuff in the first half of my life.

Now I am on liquids for a week and then onto such luxuries as runny Ready Brek, fruitjuice, smoothies, strained soup and scrambled eggs at a push. They haven't even pumped in the saline to the band yet and won't for a few weeks until the swelling has gone down... and there was me thinking it was just my overgrown stomach...lol Also had my umbilical hernia fixed after seven years of agony and that is hurting too right now. Chest looks like it has been sprayed with bullets with a large patch over where my valve is for the gastric band. Need to return to the clinic today (Monday) to get some fluid drawn off..Yuk!

My food bill will drop immensly as will my size. I can hear the local take away shops in Portsmouth boarding up and moving elsewhere now due to the loss of their main contributor to their profits... Just like to say "Thankyou" to Alex and our other mate Rob for the support in my hour of need. Weight before op was 164kg(just under 26 stone so I have roughly worked out, will keep you progressed on the 1/2 to one stone per month on average I am now expected to lose.)

Hiya Chaz! All I can say is keep up the good work and good luck with it all!

Cheerio,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|