Have Passport, Will Travel: Trouble at Charles de Gaulle, Paris, France.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Trouble at Charles de Gaulle, Paris, France.

Good Afternoon!

I know it has been a while, I have been travelling. I spend nearly two weeks in Turkey and since then I have had no time to play with the Blog. But here goes...

The travel was the usual, good intentions brought down to earth by Air Puke, sorry, Air France I mean. I travel a lot with Air France as they are one of the big partners of Skyteam, my airmiles company that I collect my airmiles with. Unfortunately they are.... how do we say this without calling them idiots.... somewhat disorganised, unfriendly, stuck up, irritating, un-punctual, expensive and french.

Last time in Paris CDG airport was no exception. I had managed to get past the intense security and trough the miles of walkways to get from terminal 2B to 2F. I finally sit down in the business lounge then suddenly the alarms go off. There is a fire in the terminal. The evacuation worked fine, all doors open and everybody files out, no worries. The french firefighters sort the little fire and now we get to go back in. Unfortunately we got let out via about 25 exits, we now get let back in via 1 entry for all 5000 people to be searched again.

This is the outside of terminal 2F with 5000 freezing travellers.
It took a good hour to get everyone back in the terminal again. So instead of lounging in the business lounge its of to the gate to see if my plane is still there.



Without calling Air France any more names, the bastards were responsible for me being three hours late in Istanbul which meant that my favourite restaurant, Varan's in Bakirkoy, was shut and I went to bed hungry.

More in further entries...

Elmer Kemal Doner Kebab.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|