Have Passport, Will Travel: Off to Jordan again...

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Off to Jordan again...

Afternoon all,

I'm off again. I'm off back to the place where I was half a year ago. I'm going back to Rashadiyah in Jordan. The second installation is ready for commissioning. Should be a straight forward trip as they already have one of our systems so no training this time... We hope...

This is the plant. It is about 60 km away from Petra which I might have a chance to go and see this time. It is also near to the Dead Sea so with a bit of luck I might be able to do my floating turd impression on the salty lake... I better take some warm clothes as this plant is high up in the mountains it can get cold there in winter. Let's put it like this, last time when I was there I spotted a snow plow at the entrance of the plant. I thought it was an arab joke but when I asked they told me that they get big snows sometimes in winter. In the Middle East????


This was the place where I stayed last time. It is an old village that is now being done up to used for eco tourism. There is a lot of exotic wildlife about, like hyenas, coyote and Ibex deer.


This was a wild plant that was growing right outside my hotel. Dunno what it was but it looked pretty... I hope I get to eat the local speciality again, Mansaf. This is the goat dish in goats yoghurt and is pretty good. The first night I will stay in Amman again as I arrive late on the saturday. Maybe this time the passport people will let me in with no hassle as this time I have a proper passport, not an emergency one...

OK, gotta go, these cases don't pack themselves you know,

Cheerio,

Alex.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|