Have Passport, Will Travel: Puerto Rican Rainman...

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Puerto Rican Rainman...

Can You believe it??? Rainman strikes again! Lemme tell you the story...
Today was friday the 16th of june. My missus Jackie told me to go out and go and see something of the town. I have been known to just sleep days away in all sorts of lovely places. For example I once got stuck in Colombia in some small town for 2 days and all I did was sleep which was lovely but I could have gone out into the Andes mountains and seen some spectacular mountains instead of just seeing the inside of my eyelids hahahaha... So, today I went out at 10:30 and walked all over Old San juan looking at old stuff and beaches. It was boiling, I have never sweated so much in me life....
This is the beach right outside my hotel.
There is a lot of nice achitecture about as you can see, shades of Miami South Beach Art Deco and other styles about.
This is the Puerto Rican flag flying over some government building.
So there I am walking all over this old town quite enjoying myself in the heat.
After about 3.5 hours of this I decide that this enough, I'm gonna go back to the hotel and get some rays on the beach. As I'm walking back across the causeway it starts to spit... The spitting turns into a fullblown torrential downpour and I get piss soaking wet. Suddenly I spot a mexican bar and dive in to get dry. So I have a few beers waiting for the weather to clear up, after all, this is the Caribean, if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes. Yeah right. Three hours and 12 beers later it is still pissing down. So finally at 6 oclock I make it back to the hotel half cut... only to be told by the hotel staff that the extra days that the other customer has booked for me are
not possible and I have to find another hotel after sunday morning. The hotel concierge, a lovely blonde lady, is very helpfull and gets me checked into another hotel for the sunday and monday night but the problem I have now is the following. The customer is picking me up from this hotel on monday morning but I will be somewhere else and I do not have any contact phone numbers or email addresses for Eesroc San Juan Cement so at the moment I am scratching my head how to solve this one. Well, scratch my head... I am not that worried, if they can't find me, that is their problem.... More pressing is what am I gonna eat tonite hahahahahaha....
OK, I will update this tomorrow when I have sobered up hahahahahaha.
When you read this (Rob Wigan that is you...) the picture at the top is the view from the mexican beer place from where I was texting you... I wasn't lying, it was raining cats and dogs and pigs and cows and elephants and anteaters and beer hahahahahaha....
Well at least Holland won today in the World Cup!

Hasta luego!

A well soaked Alex in Puerto Rico! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|