Have Passport, Will Travel: Puerto Rico 2....

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Puerto Rico 2....

Well, that is another day down. Today managed to get both the boiler camera systems working. The customer is as happy as a pig in shit. While using the new systems they immediatly spotted a potential problem with one of their burners which could be costly for them. So in a way the system has already started paying for itself. Had lunch in some mexican take away and that was not too good. I've been to Mexico and they do not eat this kind of rubbish. On the way back to San Juan, Jorge Agosto pulled off the motorway and took me to a traditional Puerto Rican eatery. It was a Lechonaria which is basically a hog roast place. I ate so much grilled pig that I look like one now, it was fantastic. They had a pig on a spit where they just cut chuncks of and served them with sweet potatoes, normal potatoes and black pudding. (For the non english people reading this, that is a sausage made of congealed blood and rice, yum yum!) I managed to suck down a lot of local beer in the limited time I had there. 6 bottles in 45 minutes, not bad. The local beer is called Medalla and is good. So for tomorrow it should be a bit of training with the customer on the new systems and a few last bugs to iron out and that should be it. So it looks like I might get the friday off as well, fuck me, things are going right for a change...

The non-smoking is going good sofar. I'm on day seven and still haven't succumbed to the dreaded wicked weed. I have had a few times where I fancied one but have just popped a nicotine gum and have been ok. I think Jack and Marion were right in saying that it is better that we are apart for the first week of stopping cause the first time we really did try to kill each other. Jorge quit one year ago and he is doing ok with that. He said his remedy for the cravings was the following. When you suddenly fancy one, think of something else for one minute. According to him that is how long the cravings on avarage last. For me when I get the craving it is good enough to remember the red gunk running out of Mickeys lungs when I buried him...
That could be me if I don't quit now...

The weather has been crap again, the Alex curse strikes again. No sun, loadsa rain and a humidity of nearly 90%. I should rent myself out as a rain maker. Maybe that what I should call myself from now on, Rainman.

Jackie told me today that the new shower is nearly in so the leak from the shower to the downstairs kitchen should be history. Time to get the plasterers in and then we should be finally on the way to a new kitchen... ( I hate D.I.Y....)

OK, I gotta go now, I have a date with a cold bottle of beer in the bar.

Cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|