Have Passport, Will Travel: Caravan Part 2...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Caravan Part 2...

Morning All,

I tried to file this bit yesterday but the server was playing up...

I was gonna explain a bit about the problems I had with the caravan. My caravan is a very old Bailey Pageant Majestic 2berth from around 1985 I guess. Everything used to work OK but after this trip I am convinced it is on its way to that great scrapyard in the sky. It started on the thursday when we arrived. When I arrived I couldn't be arsed to set up the water system as I was in a hurry to get to the pub which still closes at 23:00. So on friday morning when I hooked it all up I found out that the pump had seized. So of to Barry Sharman in Ipswich to get a replacement pump. www.barrysharman.co.uk He had one on the shelf for 28 quid which was good. When I hooked the thing up in the caravan it all looked like it was working. When I went behind the caravan to check the position of the water butt and the pump I noticed that there was a waterfall coming out of the side of the caravan. After I picked myself up from the floor after laughing my arse off I had a good look and it turns out that there is a leak in the Carver Cascade water heater. I can't fix that easily so I have just turned it off so we have no hot water anymore.

The next morning I opened the main front window and it came off in my hand. Again I pissed myself laughing. I think the window rubbers had gotten soft in the hot sunshine. At least I managed to get that back in without too much hassle. Maybe it is time to part exchange this caravan for something a bit newer.

I actually once managed to lose this caravan once. This happened on our first trip to Thetford in Suffolk. When we left that campsite I thought I had hooked it up good and proper. When I drove off the whole bloody caravan fell of the tow hook. I have never heard such a gale of laughter going across a campsite.... hahahaha.... Luckily we didn't do any damage that time. I did manage to lose both my wheel trims as I kept forgetting that the caravan is wider than my car. We live and learn 'ey?


This piccie was one taken by the missus. Its a beautiful sunset over Martlesham taken with the camera set to sepia. It really is a cracking picture.

OK, gotta go, off to Dublin tomorrow morning,

Cheerio,

Alex. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 08 August, 2006 14:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Test number 3 through Haloscan...

14:52

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|