Have Passport, Will Travel: Gastric Bypass... (or something like that...) Part 3

Friday, August 18, 2006

Gastric Bypass... (or something like that...) Part 3

Hi there,

I was just instant-messaging (is that a verb?) with my mate Rob and he told me that Chaz, the man from the bypass, is waiting in hospital for a doc to discharge him. So I guess it is all going OK sofar. Maybe he is fit enough to leave a comment on the Blog this weekend...

OK, gotta go, got guest coming over for a drinkup. Marian The Irish Pixie is coming over. I fear I might have a hangover tomorrow. And tomorrow we are off in the caravan to Thetford for an evening with Jackies sister.

Cheerio, have a good weekend!

Alex.

1 Comments:

At 21 August, 2006 09:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elmer, Just a note from your friend Chaz. Operation seems to have been a success so far. Restrictions include no alcohol,no fizzy drinks,no fried foods,no currys,no chilli and that is probably forever unless I get the band removed.Oh well, I guess I ate my fair share of all that stuff in the first half of my life. Now I am on liquids for a week and then onto such luxuries as runny Ready Brek,fruit juice,smoothies,strained soup and scrambled egg at a push. They havent even pumped in the saline to the band yet and won't for a few weeks until the swelling has gone down...and there was me thinking it was just my overgrown stomach..lol Also had my umbilical hernia fixed after 7 years of agony and that is hurting too right now. Chest looks like it has been sprayed with bullets with a large patch over where my valve is for the gastric band.Need to return to the clinic today (Monday) to get some fluid drawn off..Yuk!
My food bill will drop immensley as will my size. I can hear the local take away shops in Portsmouth boarding up and moving elsewhere now due to the loss of their main contributor to their profits...
Just like to say "Thankyou" to Elmer and our other mate Rob for the support in my hour of need.
Weight before op was 164kg(just under 26 stone so I have roughly worked out ,will keep you progressed on the 1/2 to one stone per month on average I am now expected to lose.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|