Have Passport, Will Travel: Hua Hin Thailand Holiday...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hua Hin Thailand Holiday...

These are some pictures of the place we are going to in december. See entry below...




Morning all,

Its been a while since I added anything to the Blog, that's because me and the missus have been taking it easy the last few days.

Last sunday went to the annual Sudbury Dragon Boat festival which was pretty good. It was a beautiful sunny day with loadsa people about. I'll post some pictures in a later entry as I don't have my camera here. The beer tent was a popular location, wink wink nudge nudge... Jackie managed to get 'a bit wobbly' as she put it... We then went to an art display in the Quay Theatre that featured photography from Elaine Tuke and Stephen Whatshislastnameagain. There was some good stuff there but the local guitar duo piped up and that was reason enough to bugger off back to the Dragon Boat races.

But the main reason for this entry is that Jackie and I have booked our holiday trip for december. We are going to Thailand for 9 days. We are going to Hua Hin which is about 2.5 hours south of Bang Kok. The best thing of this trip is that we are flying Business class all the way. I managed to use my millions of airmiles that I have earned over last year. So for about 150 quid a person in taxes and fuel surcharges I'm flying business class all the way. So that includes the business lounge in Heathrow, the business lounge in Paris and all this vice versa on the way back. So basically free food and booze for 24 hours and a seat that might actually fit my big behind. Jackie is seriously excited about the trip. I have been to Thailand before but that was just a short visit for work so didn't see too much of the place. This time I'll be mostly doing nothing! Above are a few piccies of the place where I'm going. These pictures are from the Virtual tourist website ( www.virtualtourist.com ) and I don't know if they are copyrighted, if they are just drop me a line and I will remove them.

The DIY on the kitchen is still ongoing. We are in the process of kitting the new kitchen out with all the necessary bits like knife racks, cutlery drawers and stuff like that. Basically the new kitchen is nearly done. Soon it'll be time to start the removal of the old one. Actually we have already ripped one side of cabinets out to fit the fridges and freezers in there.

No work trips planned for me at the moment, it's summertime in thermal imaging land. There are a few on the horizon but nothing firm yet. Countries mentioned are Jordan, Indonesia, Costa Rica, Vietnam, so plenty of interesting stuff coming up.

That is all for now,

Cheerio,

Alex.

2 Comments:

At 08 August, 2006 14:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Test comment.
T2.

 
At 08 August, 2006 14:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another test to check if Haloscan is working... 14:38

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|