Have Passport, Will Travel: Askale, Turkey...

Friday, November 17, 2006

Askale, Turkey...

Morning all,

This was the first step of my Turkish trip. I had arrived in Istanbul 4 hours late because of my friends at Air Puke. The next day I met up with my turkish collegue and friend Mr Ugur.
We took a internal flight from Istanbul to Erzurum. When we got to Erzurum we found out that there was nobody there to pick us up and take us to the cement plant in Askale. Luckily we found a taxidriver that was willing to take us all the way there, approx. 50 km.



The taxi had seen better days as there were a lot of broken windows in it....


This was the view of the plains while driving to Askale. It was nice weather and it looked quite a bit different from 6 months earlier when everything was covered in snow...


This was the site staff playing with the kiln camera after I repaired it. It turned out to be straightforward, just changed the actual camera unit itself and it was sorted, hoppa, another happy customer. They guy you see in the background was very nice to me and took me into their company mosque and showed me all around. I am not religious but I am always interested in how other people do their thing. We met the Imam there how explained a bit a Islam. It was all very interesting, a well meant thank you to the site staff of Askale Cimento, Turkey.

More later,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|