Have Passport, Will Travel: Jordan Cement Factories Co Ltd....

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Jordan Cement Factories Co Ltd....

Afternoon,

This is what I actually did in Jordan Cement. We installed and commissioned a infrared kiln camera from Thermoteknix Systems Ltd in Cambridge, England. The first piccie shows the contracting staff getting the installation done.


This is a little detail of the back of the camera. It is a infrared water and air cooled camera that sits inside a furnace that is approx 1500 degrees C. The camera inserts and retracts with the use of pnuematics. The camera sends it image via optical fibre to the control room where the process staff can analyze the images.


This was after a long day, we finished at about 20:00 and as we were leaving the control room my friend Mohammed Fayez Mustafa told me that some of his site staff was having some food around the corner frm the office and maybe I wanted something too. Well, as I had missed dinner by that time I agreed.

Thats Mohammed second from the right with his mouth full. It was some meat with tomatoes which we ate with fresh flatbreads, very good! After that we had (of course!) tea. Nothing happens out there without having tea before, during or after a job hahaha....


This was the main course, like I said meat with tomatoes cooked up by one of the lads...


These two men here are the two that made my job very easy there. The left guy is Omar Al-Jawabreh and the right guy is Mohammed again. Omar was the head of the contractors that did all the hard graft to a very high standard and Mohammed was the Instrumentation Technician of Jordan Cement. Both guys were highly professional engineers that made my life easy, thanks guys!

More later,

Alex.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|