Have Passport, Will Travel: Indonesia Rules!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Indonesia Rules!

Off to Indonesia...
Some local style houses in Pedang, Sumatra, Indonesia.



The view from the Red Top Hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Morning all,

Again I'm a bit behind as I haven't had time to update... Bloody work....

I spend 10 days in Indonesia a few weeks ago. The trip out there was crap. The main reason was that I flew KLM again. This airline seems to be doing its utmost best to become a low cost airline like Ryanair. This was a 12 1/2 hour flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and then a two hour hop to Jakarta. On their crappy plane no personal entertainment system, no nothing. All they had was a few monitors that all looked like they had been bought at a car boot sale. They all had different colours, well... shades of blue... And another thing that is starting to piss me off is that when they serve drinks they now even don't give you the can when you get a drink, just a small plastic cup... wonderful... Cheapskate bastards...

When I arrived in Jakarta I was pretty much dead, 17 hours in economy class wedged between fat american holiday makers... The sales rep was there to pick me up and he took me to down town Jakarta to the RedTop Hotel. This place was good. Good restaurants and a good bar.


I stayed in Jakarta for 4 days and had a good time. It's a big, smelly, noisy, chaotic place, ace! One of the guys that worked in the hotel took me around Jakarta when he had a day off.


The food was exceptionally good. Loadsa good hot spicy stuff and all at low low prices. I ate all sorts of wonderful stuff. Frogs, crispy eel, fresh river fish, spicy noodles, chicken satay, spicy pickled veg, all bloody good. It must have been good as I didn't get, ehh.... ehhh.... you know, the Tijuana Quickstep, the Delhi Trots etc.


After 4 days in Jakarta I went to Padang on Sumatra. The job there went fine. Only the guesthouse of the cement company was crap. I arrived early in the morning, slightly hungover, slightly overheated as it was 35 degrees with a 100% humidity. Then they tried to put me in a company guesthouse which was overrun with ants, no airco, no curtains, dirty etc. I made it very clear to the, very friendly, guesthouse people that I would not be staying there. I sorted my self a good hotel in Padang itself. So an hour later I was settled on the beach in the Bumiminang Hotel.

After 12 days eating my way around Indonesia it was time to go back to the UK. I endured another 17 hours of shite KLM flights with rude and uneducated cabin crew.

Then at Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam I had a run-in with the Dutch Customs Gestapo.
In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia while I was in Transit I had a bought a nice bottle of Vodka.
When I tried to check-in in Amsterdam for the Heathrow flite the wanking dutch tossers of the customs took my bottle of me. I had the bag in Kuala Lumpur sealed for customs so I could take it through security. What annoyed me even more that if I had bought it in Amsterdam in THEIR duty free it would have been OK, total f&^&^%king arseholes. The woman who took it of me was trying to patronise me by telling me that Malaysia is a different country then Holland... That was when I raised my voice quite a bit and started to refer to her family lines etc. After a while of bickering I gave up and told them to have a good party on my stolen booze and I even offered them a solution of what to do with the empty bottle. Needless to say they did not agree with my idea of sticking it up one of their body cavities.

So KLM are doing their level best to annoy as many passengers as possible, I hope they fucking go under as soon as possible, what a bunch of dumb bastards!

OK, more later,

Alex The KLM fan.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|