Have Passport, Will Travel: South Africa

Monday, March 26, 2007

South Africa

Afternoon all,

I am in sunny South Africa today. Knackered as hell as I left my house in England at 03:00 am on sunday morning. I arrived in Johannesburg at 21:00. My rep from the other company was there to pick me up. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive from Johannesburg to Klerksdorp where I stayed the night in a motel. As per usual when I arrive in a new country the next morning it was pissing down like the clappers. As the restaurant was in a different building from the motel I had a nice extra shower running from the motel to the restaurant.

The flight here yesterday was OK. I flew with KLM and for a change the food was good, the stewardesses weren't too fat to fit their arses between the aisles, everything was on time and we actually arrived on schedule. I don't remember too much from either flight as I was asleep for most of it. That did mean the buggers kept bypassing me with the food, bastards. I mean, what trouble is it just to put the tray in front of somebody who is sleeping???

This morning my new best pal Hannes drove me from the hotel to the site while giving me a running commentary on the social and economical developments in South Africa. Hmmm, this country still has a way to go before all aspects of the population are integrated. Never mind, tonight I'm off to my guest house which is called 'Little Dreams' guest house. According to the site people it is a nice place... we'll see... I think it has a website as well....
http://www.roomsforafrica.com/establishment.do?id=919

It don't look too bad from the online ad... Best of all it has a bar in the place so a chance to test the South African beers, Castle, Windhoek, Amstel etc....

I believe here is a Wildlife park a few kilometers up the road but after my experience with wildlife in Thailand (See entry 'A monkey ate my glasses...') I am staying well away from things that can bite, scratch, kill, eat, etc if I don't have a gun.

Speaking about guns I was asking Hannes about personal security and he stated that it is pretty safe here now and then proceeded to pull a handgun from underneath his seat. Hmmm, safe 'ey? So safe that he doesn't leave the house with a 9 mill strapped to his driver seat.... I think I might be staying in tonite hahahaha....

More later,

Alex in Lichtenburg.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|