Have Passport, Will Travel: My 40th birthday...

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My 40th birthday...

Afternoon,

Last sunday, 08-07-2007 I celebrated my coming of age. I have finally reached that milestone of 40. A lot of my friends asked me if I was depressed about it, but no, I didn't mind at all. When I turned 30, that was a but of a bummer as that sorta is the end of your youth but 40? Who gives a toss? My parents come over from Holland to celebrate as well and we all had a good time. Below is my dad taking pictures of me taking pictures. (Why do people do that???)

These are, from left to right, my mum, my mother in law and my dad. (After a few beers...)


I didn't have a big do, just family and some friends and a good time was had by all. We ended up sitting outside till two in the morning clustered around the chiminea while burning anything combustible in sight. The dog appreciated the barbeque as he ate whatever was surplus to requirements.


Basically a nice quiet do which suited me fine. I got some nice pressies. My parents gave me a nice watch, my wife gave me a digital photoframe, a photobook about East Anglia from the mother-in-law, and my friend Marion gave me the best present ever, a beautifully framed picture of my dog Mickey that passed away last year.

A good time was had by all, (onto the next 40 hahahahahahaha...)

Cheerio,

Alex.

2 Comments:

At 15 July, 2007 13:59, Blogger Mick O'Connor said...

Happy birthday....you old bugger.

 
At 16 July, 2007 07:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hé Elmer/Alex,

A bit late, but congrats on your 40th birthday! Welcome to the midlife era...

Seeing from the pictures it looks you had a nice birthday and ad a good time with your family.

CU Ton van W.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|