Have Passport, Will Travel: Thailand Holiday 2008 Part 7 Food

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thailand Holiday 2008 Part 7 Food

Afternoon,

As some of you might know Thai food is my favourite food. The spicier the better. If it aint got chillies it aint worth eating hahahahaha... Hua Hin is a big fishing port and they have the freshest seafood in most of the restaurants. You should see the size of the prawns, I have never seen prawns 20 cm long...

This is a rack of baby squid drying in the sun. As I said before, an aquired taste... A bit chewy and they can be very smelly... Nevertheless they seemed to be a popular snack when the night vendors rolled by with their mobile snack shops...

Picture of two of my brothers, Hans and Jeroen. Hahahaha, only kidding, some restaurant had some pigs heads sitting out the back, dunno what for, never saw them on the menu... I would have tried it. As long as it has got chillies!

This was a snack bought of one of the mobile vendors. The guy was selling grubs, something with eight legs, locusts and ants. The locusts were yummy. Very crunchy and salty because of the soy sauce...
Yum Yum Pigs Bum!!!


Jackie wasn't brave enough to eat the grubs or the locusts but she did eat an ant which even she said were good. I was impressed.... For the rest she just ate the very good fresh fruit that they sold everywhere in town... OK, this is the last Thailand post, I am out of pictures now so that all folks... I am off to Saudi Arabia on monday for a week and after that I have a weekend in Holland and when I get back from that I am off to Malaysia... busy busy busy....

Cheerio,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|