Have Passport, Will Travel: Finally a nice summer...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finally a nice summer...

Good afternoon,

Just a little update with some nice summer shots. The last few weeks have been reasonably nice weatherwise and as I am always out with my dogs in the countryside I got some nice shots here and there.

This first pair of pics are of a nest of ringnecked doves. This is the second brood that the adults have managed this year. Yes it makes a lot of crap on my patio area but of course I haven't kicked them of the nest.

It looks like it won't be too long before they fly the nest, they are getting nice and fat now...

This was a piccie of some weeds in a field where I take my greyhounds. It was early evening and the sun was picking out the small purple flowers quite nicely...

Here is another one of some of that purple stuff with a white bindweed flower amongst them...

I quite like this pciture. It was taken into the sun which was low at that time and it casts a nice sheen over the fluffy seed heads...

The same seed heads with bug...

Some kind of thistle, again shot with the sun behind giving a nice backlit effects on the sharp thorns...

This is my back yard with the wife's hammock in the background. Everything is in flower at the moment and everything looks green, I guess the wet spring helped...

This is Jay posing... Again, later in the evening so that his coat looks very red...

A shot of Little Cornard through some bullrushes...

Some more purple weed...

And a last one of the bindweed flowers. At the moment all the fields around us are beautiful, all the crops like wheat and barley is yellow and golden and ready for harvest. The weather being nice helps enjoying this stuff...

Next week my travels begin again. I'm off to Belo Horizonte in Brazil for a week. I'm flying with Air Puke again (Air France) so I'll probably get there but my luggage probably wont... I've never been to Brazil so having a chance at seeing the famous Brazilian women shaking their booties is something I am quite looking forward to hahahahahaha!!! I'll update when I get back from Brazil.

Take care,
Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|