Have Passport, Will Travel: The Hadleigh Show 2009 RGT stand...

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Hadleigh Show 2009 RGT stand...

Afternoon!

As I said in the last post we went to the Hadleigh Show yesterday. We were helping to man the Retired Greyhound stall. The had a stall there to get people interested in rehoming ex-racing greyhounds. We already have two and the missus helps out on a regular basis. This time as I was home I got roped in too. I wasn't too enthousiastic to start of with until they told me that our stand was right next door t0 the beer tent... Wheyhey, if I can mix business and pleasure, no worries...


This was the most beautiful greyhound there. Pete's bitch Laura...


Oy oy mate, you're nicked! The fuzz came around as well. Not to nick the mutt but because the copper was interested in getting a greyhound. Fek me! A copper with a sense of humanity? Whatever next? Flying pigs?


I guess Pete didn't spot the sweeney behind him...


Sally extolling the virtues of greyhounds to a pair of ladies who lunch... On G & T's by the sound of them hahahahahaha!!!!


The stand looking nice and busy. We were quite lucky with the weather, even though it looked grey a few times it never actually rained...



Kevin fondling a dog. You can get done for that mate... The fuzz are about....


One of the dogs displaying how stressed and highly strung greyhounds are...

Look! A greyhound that can sit! Laura again displaying that she is the cleverest girl!


Pete, can you finish that cuppa? I wonna go out and stroll!

The missus and my two dogs, Izzy and Jay, behind her. The show was well attended and the RGT had 6 serious phonecalls after it from people interested in rehoming a grey... Nice one!
All in all we had a good time, the Aspells Cider was excellent and the weather held out!

Cheerio,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|