Have Passport, Will Travel: Turkey again...

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Turkey again...

Good afternoon!

Well, this must be some kind of record, 4 months of no posts. The reason for that is that I have changed jobs. I am now Sales Manager for the Middle East and Africa. My job training and other commitments have kept me seriously busy. I've done trade shows, sales trips and some commissioning trips...

This picture was taken in Erzurum in Eastern Turkey. I was there to repair a system for Askale Cement. It was &^%$%^$king freezing! Minus 15 to minus 25 at night. I actually had to buy long johns, scarves, hats and all sorts just to stay warm... In the background that is my good friend Ugur from Istanbul.

This was taken in a bar in Van. The Turku Bar is a bar where they play a lot of traditional trukish music. It is also one of the few places where you can get a beer in Van...
This is Van Castle. It is from the Seljuk time from around 800AD. It was cold but looked lovely in the snow.
This is some kind of traditional building in Van. This was an excellent trip where I did some good work but there was a fly in the ointment. When I got back I fell ill and found out I had Shigella Flexneri which is a form of Dysentry. That took two weeks to get over... Never mind, the food still was excellent in Turkey! Thanks to my friend Ugur for a great trip!

Cheerio,

Alex.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|