Have Passport, Will Travel: The best bar in Otavalo, Ecuador!

Monday, December 08, 2008

The best bar in Otavalo, Ecuador!

Good evening!

I finally managed to find good bar in Otavalo. Every tourist and local person that wants a good place to drink a beer, there is only one place in Otavalo. And that is the Bohemios Bar. It is a very friendly bar with lovely staff that is very helpfull and friendly. I went there twice, saturday and sunday and I had a good time, every time. They serve the best Equadorian beer, Pilsener!

This is the owner of the bar Mr Patricio (Patrick, for stupid people like me that speak not a word of spanish...) and his lovely girlfriend Roberta. He made me feel very welcome and went out of his way to try to speak english...

The bar itself is quite hard to find. It is only a small entrance with a board above it and if you don't look too closely you will miss it. You can see Mr Patricio on the balcony... They do drinks and they do some good food. They have showarma and all sorts of local food. They also do, and this I found quite surprising, waterpipes. You can smoke a good shish there... It also says on the sign out front tha they do live music but I guess I was unlucky and there was nothing on this time...

This is the view from the terrace and I am sure the wall painting says something good about Atavalo but as I speak next to no English I don't really know what it says...


This is me enjoying the local brew. It is called Pilsener and is very nice. It is very cheap in this bar, well, for stupid foreign people like me hahahahaha! If you are into music, they have a wicked computer system that has all the regional music on there, they just let you loose on their PC and you pick what you like....

This is the owner again, Mr Patricio. All in all, even though I was not that impressed with Otavalo to start of with... (Mainly because I could not find a bar...) after being in the Bohemios bar I have to change my opinion of Otavalo, it is not so quiet after all. Patricio, thank you very much for making me feel welcome. Thanks to your staff as well. They know what they are doing, even though most of the foreign people like me, don't speak the lingo... sorry about that. Next time when I go back I will make sure to go back to this place. And anyone looking for a local watering hole, this is the place to be in Otavalo!

Take care and keep this place going! Thank you very much,

Alex in Otavalo, Ecuador.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|