Have Passport, Will Travel: India Part 1, New Delhi

Friday, May 08, 2009

India Part 1, New Delhi

Good afternoon all!

This time I find myself in India. I am at the end of a long two week sales trip that has taken me all across India. I started in New Delhi. We had some customer meetings but we did manage to squeeze in a few hours sightseeing in the town. It was very very very hot, around 42 degrees when we where there. Not nice, going from meeting to meeting in a suit...


This is the Red Fort in Delhi. Nice clump of stone. Nuff said.


This is India Gate. The thing is inscribed with all the names of soldiers killed in action.


This is part of Government House. Apparently a good photo spot....


Some gates with a gun...

This was our very smartly dressed driver from the hotel. Shame he knew bugger all about where stuff was in Delhi. We stayed at the Ramada Inn and that was pretty good.

Myth buster time: All food is incredibly spicy. No, wrong. Most of my dinners I had to ask for raw chillies as it was very mild...

Second Myth: They are Hindus and you don't get meat. Bollocks. I had sheep, chicken, prawns and all sorts.

Third Myth: Everyone gets Delhi belly. Wrong. Nowt wrong after eating all sorts of local food for two weeks.

All in all I quite enjoyed Delhi except for the traffic. More about that later...

Cheerio,
Alex.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|