Have Passport, Will Travel: In Amman Jordan...

Sunday, July 26, 2009

In Amman Jordan...

Afternoon!

And here I have arrived in Amman Jordan. We have some cement plants to visit and our agent out there. After a week of over 40 degree heat Amman is heaven, its only 30 degrees here Yippee!!!


This was the chandelier in a bedioun style restaurant in Amman. Our agent felt obliged to make us eat all the typical Jordani and Palestinian food he could find.


This is Colin and Mr Ahet and Mr Jebril. Here we had a huge portion of the Jordanian national dish Mansaf. Mansaf is goat stewed in milk served on rice with almonds. Very very good!


We sat in this bedouin style tent and ate of huge copper plates, very atmospheric...


Mr Ahet contemplating life after quaffing three goats and some kids...


Mr Alex with stupid grin after stuffing myself with as much goat as I could get down my neck hahahaha!!!


This is one of our prospective customers, Al Najri Cement. A new plant still under construction. While we were there I did a demo on our Thermal Imager. I took a picture of a typical Middle East electrical installation... As you can see in the picture below that office will be on fire in the next few days. That wire that is showing up in yellow is an earth yellow/green wire. It is not supposed to be 50 degrees hot... Ah well, at least it showed that our Thermal Imagers work...


The fire awaiting to happen...


This was another restaurant that Ahet took us to. Its the Pine Restaurant on Pine Hill. We had some excellent food there. Kebabs, quail, tabulleh, hoummous, labneh, all sorts of lovely grub...
One thing they do not do is spicy food. I am getting withdrawal symptoms from lack of chillies. Luckily when I get back my four chilly plants in my garden should be ready for harvesting!!!
Bring on the burn!!!

OK, after this its back to the heat, I'm on my way to Kuwait where its 48 at the moment...

Taraaa,

Hoummous Alex.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|