Have Passport, Will Travel: Job's done, outta here!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Job's done, outta here!

There you go, a beautiful image of a 1400 degree celsius cement kiln running smoothly. Bugger me, I'm good. San Juan Cement is happy, I'm happy (to get out of here...) everone wins.
(For the uninitiated, what you see in this picture is a giant burner sticking into a giant rolling tube with clinker (raw cement) coming out at the bottom of the picture...)

Would you believe that it pissed down again this afternoon? I think I really am going for changing my name by deedpole, Rainman it is. Massive downpour we had with lightning and all... Maybe this is normal for around here? Sod the caribean, time to go home...


I gotta post this picture. I was watching one of those dumb police chase video shows on one of the american drivel channels and I saw this. This is an actual chase of cops chasing a guy on a lawnmower. The chase was going at the breakneck speed of 3 miles an hour and the guy driving was so drunk that after a sharp turn he actually rolled of the mower and fell on the floor. Even the filth chasing him fell about laughing. The guy had a bunch of liquor bottles in his pocket which the fat cops took great delight pouring down the street, still, it was funny.
That's is the guy on the lawnmower just before he slides off. I'll have a bucket of whatever he was having hahahahahaha!

OK, gotta go, I got a flight to catch tomorrow, I should be back in the UK by wednesday.

Cheerio! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|