Have Passport, Will Travel: Marriott? Helpful? My arse!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Marriott? Helpful? My arse!

Today I had to change hotels. The Marriott on the beach did not have a room for me for sunday and monday so they booked me into another Marriott. So at 11 I checked out. The bill for 6 nights was a staggering 2000 usd. So I asked them where the courtesy bus or taxi to this other hotel was. Their answer? We do not provide free transfers to other hotels! What the f*^%&%$?
I just paid two grand and they will not sort me out transport even if it was their mistake??? So I complimented the manager on his canine maternal family lineage and went. Then I needed a cab... I had no spare dollars anymore so went to the cash machine. F&^*&^%, out of order. So I had to check my luggage at the bellboy and walk over to a Wahlgreen chemist across the road. With my customary luck it had started to pour down so I got piss soaking wet again... Armed with my newly scored cash I finally got away from the pirates nest Marriott. My new hotel, unfortunately also a Marriott, is in a rundown part of downtown Puerto Rico. As you an see in the picture it has a beautiful view of a gas station. Ah well, at least it is quiet.

At least this hotel does not charge me for the internet access. The other place charged me 10 dollars a day for slow internet access. Thieves. OK, time to calm down and go out and find some nosh. Maybe there is a Maccie D around here somewhere. You an only eat Foie Gras and lobster so many times before it gets boring hahahahaha...

Cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|