Have Passport, Will Travel: Soammy the Driver Part 2...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Soammy the Driver Part 2...

Hi There! This is my newest bestest friend Soammy, or that is what I think his name is, that is what it sounds like... Today had a right laugh with him. For the last three days everytime I get in the car to go to work or to go back to the hotel he offers me cigarettes. I keep telling him that I have quit but that does not get through. So today I showed him the Nicorette patch I wear on my arm for the nicotine cravings. He laughs his head off at this but after a suddenly he has this great idea that he should have patch too, so he can quit too. So me, being the kind soul that I am (Yeah right....) give him a 15 mg patch. I tell him he should put it on in the morning and it should stop him from wanting a fag for the day. He seems to be taking this in. 5 Minutes later while screaming down the road at a 100 mph he decides that he is going to wear it now. He sticks the patch on his arm and after 15 minutes all hell breaks loose. He is swearing at every other road user, he is as high as a kite. When we get to the toll booth he has a barney with the clerk and refuses to pay and drives off. Why he should pay is a mystery anyway as there is not much tarmac holding the potholes together... When we get to the hotel he asks if I can give him some more patches but I don't think so. He has already sparked up twice so they don't seem to be really doing him any favours hahahahaha....

This here is the man with the longest name in the world. His name is Ahmed Abdel Tawab Kamel Moustafa. He is the guy from Egyptian Cement that has been working along side me to get the job done. He has been a great help and both systems, the Thermascope and the Shell Scanner are working fine now. All we have left to do is some operator training.
This is a view from Kiln 5 and as you can see its dirt, rubble, dust, sand, rocks, stones and more sand. When the wind picks up in the afternoon you eat more cement dust than is healthy for a human.

OK, two more days here and then its off home for my birthday. I don't know what the status of all the work in the kitchen at home is and I think I don't want to know either. According to Jackie it is still pretty much a mess with the gas leak and all...

One of my mates Mick O' C. is in Cairo for a telecoms job. I was trying to get there for the friday but I don't think that I will make it. The customer here is squeezing all of the possible commissioning time out of me and I guess as they are paying they are right hahahaha...

OK gotta go, its dinner time here, more grilled rat hahahahaha...

Alex in Ain Soukhan. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|