Have Passport, Will Travel: Kitchen Saga...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Kitchen Saga...

Wheyhey, the kitchen plans are slowly moving forward. As you can see in the picture below the last few pipes are being boxed in. The newly re-plastered walls are nearly ready for their first few coats of paint. The cooker is arriving on friday, the gas fitter will install the new gas pipe on monday and connect the new cooker. Its an Italian cooker from Lofra. www.lofra.it The dishwasher and cooker hood will be picked up on saturday. So slowly but surely this Never Ending Nightmare is starting to move forward.


This is most of the flatpacked kitchen, ready to go in. The kitchen installer should come around next week wednesday and he said he should be able to finish it in two to three days. F*%$*&k me, something atually taking less time than projected.


See below the reason why we are building the new kitchen. This all the space that we have in the old kitchen. All this will be ripped out. The space will then be used as a little utility room where we will stick all the fridges, the freezer, the washing machine and dryer. All the existing cabinets will go. There is a lot of old pipe work to come out as the previous owner of this house never replaced anything but just kept on extending bits and pieces...


The non smoking is going excellent sofar. I'm well into my third week and it is going OK. My arms are a bit sore from wearing the patches. They give me some weird sort of muscle ache but that is just a minor discomfort. I am starting to feel the benefits, my sense of smell is returning and all food is starting to taste better and better. (Which is a bummer for a fat pig like me...) The house is starting to smell cleaner as well, no more cigarette smell hanging in the lounge. I am still on the heavy 15mg patches, I still need them. I don't use the nicotine gum much as it tastes like the inside of a badgers ringpiece, they make me feel sick. So its just the patches on their own. At least we get them for nothing on the NHS. Well... nothing, they charge 6 quid per prescription but they actually cost a lot more.

I'm still off to Egypt but now I'm going on the sunday. That is to make sure that I am back for my birthday on the 8th of July. My missus will kill me if I miss it again. Last year I was abroad on my birthday as well, much to her disgust... OK, gotta go, tea to be drunk....

Alex. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|