Have Passport, Will Travel: Trabzon to Isparta, Turkey.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Trabzon to Isparta, Turkey.

Hi there,

Ugur and I stayed just two days in Trabzon. From there we took a plane to Ankara. We got to Ankara at about 9 oclock in the morning. Ugur suggested that we should take a bus to Isparta. There was no plane from Ankara to Isparta and the planes from Ankara to Antalya were full. This bus would take about hours over 500 km. I did not fancy this. I told Ugur to sort me out a hirecar. He wasn't too happy about that but I wanted to drive. In a car you can stop when you want and you can stop when there is a piccie opportunity. Thank god I did that because we passed some stunning scenery.

This is about 250 km south of Ankara, I think it is called Emirdag. This was where the mountains started. I think we went up about 4500 foot, it was cold in them hills...
This here is one of the lakes we passed. The view was stunning. Mountains in the distance, a pink and gray sky, beautiful.
We had to contend with the odd traffic obstruction. The guy in the piccie had to come running up to chase his herd of the road....
This picture is one of the best I think. It shows the sunrays beaming through the heavy cloud and gently lighting up the hills in the distance... This was about a 100 km north of Isparta.

More later,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|