Have Passport, Will Travel: My dad's birthday...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My dad's birthday...

Afternoon!!

After we got back from Thailand we had a few days in England and then it was off to Holland to visit the family. As you know I am from Holland originally and most of my family still lives there. My dad was celebrating his 65th birthday on the 15th of december so the missus, James, the mother in law and myself got on an Ryanair bus and flew to Eindhoven.

On the friday my mum was busy organising the party for that evening. She'd pulled out all the stops, loadsa food, loadsa booze, loadsa relatives coming over. My younger brother was staying the weekend as well with his two children so the house was pretty full.

The party in the evening was excellent. My dad had this neat little beer pump with 1 and 1/2 gallon beer kegs. I 'helped' him test the function of this. On the saturday after a few hours of sucking aspirins we had a nice time shopping in Utrecht. We dragged the mother in law all over town so she could complete her christmas shopping. (Everything is much cheaper in Holland than what it is in England...) In the evening we had a nice meal in a themed restaurant in Nieuwegein.

On the sunday it was back to the airport as we all had to work on the monday. Oh no, I tell a lie, I was off till the 2nd of january, much to Jackie's discust hahahaha.....

More later,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|