Have Passport, Will Travel: Thailand Holiday!!!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thailand Holiday!!!

Morning again,

On the 30th of November it was finally time for our annual holiday. I managed to get so many airmiles on my frequent flyer card that I could fly to Thailand business class all the way there and back for me and my wife. I must say, as readers of this blog know, that I am not a great friend of Air France. They make my life hell normally when I use them for any sort of work trip. Using them to fly business class is a different matter. The service was second to none, the food excellent and the comfort was fantastic. We had those lay flat seats and as much booze as you wanted. I actually got some sleep on the flight, which is rare for me. When we got to Bangkok there was a car waiting for us that raced us to Hua Hin in Pretchaburi Province. The place where we stayed was very nice, good service and clean and the airconditioning worked good. (It was very hot and sticky...)


We arrived in Hua Hin around 5 in the afternoon and to combat the jetlag I used my trusted recipe of getting pissed as soon as you arrive. This hides the jetlag and the next morning you don't know if you feel crap from the jetlag or the booze, problem Solved! This was somewhere in the bar area near the beach. A large bottle of Singha beer cost about 60p, bloody excellent!


This was the next day on the beach. The beach was clean and had an excellent extra feature. It functioned as a shopping mall. All day long people came walking by to sell you anything from wallets to airconditioning units to used fighter aeroplanes, brilliant!

Me and the missus thought we had died and gone to heaven. Lovely weather, clean seas, excellent thai food, thai massages on the beach, this is the place where I want to retire!

More later,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|