Have Passport, Will Travel: Small elephants are not nice!!!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Small elephants are not nice!!!

And something else about the Thai wildlife... While at the elephant park Jackie spotted a baby elephant. Of course she had to go over there and stroke it. The bugger was asleep but as soon as we got in reach he got up and headbutted my missus. It might only be three foot high but it weighs a 150 kg so packs a good headbutt.

I stayed out of reach after my experience with the bloody gibbon. The thing was busy trying to eat Jackie's shoes, slobbered all over her shirt and tried to headbutt her repeatedly. Nice.


Then the thing tried to lob a rubber tire at me. By this time I had enough of all the Thai wildlife and was looking around for a gun. Jackie was till playing with the little evil blighter. The thing had now progressed to a tug of war as even Jackie now stayed out of headbutt range...


The picture below is after I shot it.


Only kidding, the thing had had enough of tourist baiting and went back to sleep. Wildlife 'ey? I prefer it on telly narrated by Sir Richard Attenborough....

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|