Have Passport, Will Travel: Mosque or not to mosque....

Friday, November 17, 2006

Mosque or not to mosque....

Afternoon...

Ugur and myself got to Isparta late in the evening. Not too late though to find a good restaurant where we filled up on Iskender Kebab, Shish Kebab, Adana Kebab, Urfa Kebab, salad and as much Ajran as we could drink. (Ajran is sour milk, bloody good stuff.
The next morning I got woken to the sound of cats being skinned alive at 5 oclock in the morning. After my heart rate had settled back down I realised it was the Imam calling from the mosque to get the people in for prayer. Unfortunately for me the minaret with the (huge) loudspeakers was about 10 meters away from my bedroom window. I must admit, I did do some swearing as i was knackered. Also this Imam was, how do we say this, inspired in his calling... It went on and on and on... I did get used to it after a few days but it really was loud...

Cheerio,

Alex. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|