Have Passport, Will Travel: Isparta to Antalya, Turkey...

Friday, November 17, 2006

Isparta to Antalya, Turkey...

Afternoon,

Ugur and myself had a week in Isparta doing two new system commissionings for Goltas, Isparta. Isparta is quite nice, it has not got that much of a nightlife though... There are only two places in town to get a beer. One of which was my hotel, thank god....

We took a bus from Isparta to Antalya which took about 2 hours. Busses in Turkey are excellent. They cost very little and you get treated like you are on a plane. There is free coffee and tea, cakes and biscuits. The busses are all on time and clean. I guess England could learn a lot from this place about running piblic transport....

We then flew from Antalya to Istanbul. That is where Ugur lives. I had to spend a day here as I could not get my flight changed. (Air Puke again...) So I had a day of shooting pics in Istanbul.

This is Bakirkoy Marina on the south side of the Bosphorus. This was saturday the 4th of november. The weather was freezing cold but there was bright sunshine. I took the opportunity to walk all over Istanbul to get a few piccies...

This is a view of the entrance of the Bosphorus on the south side. This area gets used by ships to moor up. The whole area is covered by ships varying from small to ocean going cargo ships...

In the distance you can see the snow on top of the mountains on the arabian side of Istanbul...
On the sunday a lot of people went fishing of the seawalls. I don't know if iot was my presence that put the dampeners on it but no one seemed to catch anything but a cold.....
I has a nice time trampling all over Istanbul, in the next entry I'll put some more piccies...

Taraa,

Alex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|