Have Passport, Will Travel: Mexican it is then....

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mexican it is then....

Evening,

As I said the hotel restaurant was crap so I did go outdoors in the end. At least there was a reasonable mexican just down the road. I have been to Mexico quite a few times now and really like the food. There. In the US it is a bit hit and miss. I have stunning ones in Arizona and terrible ones in Kansas. This one was in between.

The service was a right laugh as the waitresses who didn't speak an awful lot of english and sortof didn't know who did what table. As a result I ordered 1 Corona and got three from three different waitresses. No worries, I was thirsty. The salsa was rather tame. I have had salsas in Guadalajara in Mexico just from street vendors that would rip your head off, so spicy. This one was rather mild but they did have Cholula on the table and with a half bottle of that it became nice and hot.


And yes, I made the same mistake again, ordered a 'small sideorder' of chicken wings and in the piccie above I had eaten already about 12. They had cleaned out my bones tray twice... Never mind. The Fajitas Texasana were good. It was just chicken and beef fajitas with a handfull of shrimps thrown on. They were well nice. I only had 5 beers as I had to drive.

At least it beat the Holiday Inn restaurant hands down. And it should make me nice and smelly for the flight home. For some reason when I am on an aeroplane something happens to my bowels and I become, how shall we say, windy? This should be good for at least three rows of people in front and behind me trying to find out who it is that is stinking out the plane. Nobody ever seems to think its me, I'm usually busy loooking around trying to find the culprit, well aware of the fact its me of course.

OK, gotta go and get some kip, this could be the last sleep for two days coming up...

Taraaa,

Alex The Windy One.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|