Have Passport, Will Travel: Off on a plastic Noddy boat...

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Off on a plastic Noddy boat...


Afternoon all,

Don't ask me why the picture comes up first, I can't get it to shift... Never mind... Wheyhey after the alcohol fest last week with my younger brother it is this weekend time for me and the wife to go on a short break. We are going boating in Norfolk. The map above is of the Norfolk Broads. It is a network of small rivers and peat diggings and most of it is navigable.

We have rented a small plastic bath tub shown above. I believe the picture is actual size of the boat hahahaha!!!

For a week we will be cruising the rivers as shown above. It should be good. I have never piloted a small boat like this but when I was younger I used to have a Zodiac with an outboard which was good fun. It can't be much different I guess... (Famous last words....)

The route goes through some beautiful protected areas full of wildlife...

Plus the route takes you past loads and loads of pubs so there will be planty of opportunity to quaff a few good pints along the way... We are taking the greyhounds as well but I don't know if that is such a good idea... First of all they aren't the greatest swimmers and second off all the are thick as pigshit so will probably manage to fall overboard at the earliest opportunity.... We'll see... As long as I can get some well earned rest and recreation it should all be good fun...

Cheerio,

Seaman Staines.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|