Have Passport, Will Travel: Off to Equador...

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Off to Equador...

Afternoon all!

I'm back on the road again. After a un-enjoyable trip to Saudi Arabia the company sent me out to Ecuador. I have been in this place before but that was a few years ago now. My first job was in Guayaquil. This is a big modern city on the River Guaya. The work itself was pretty standard. The site guy who I worked with, Mr Roberto Quiroz, was kind enough to take me out in the evening to the Malecon 2000. This was Guayaquils millenium project. The took 4 km of old river front and did it all up. And I must say they did a good job. In the evening there are loadsa people strolling about in the lovely weather. There are a lot of restaurants and bars and it all looks rather nice down there.

This was some governmental monument for something...

This was the view north upriver along the Malecon 2000...

If you look closely here you can see an iguana in the middle of the picture... Only a small one, they have loadsa big ones crawling around on the cement factory...

This was the place where I worked, the Holcim Cerro Blanco plant...

This was on the road to the airport in Guayaquil. I had a good time there. I stayed in a ace hotel. The Four Points Sheraton is an excellent base for getting a feel of Guayaquil. They have a bar in there where there is live music most nights. When my job was finished there I travelled on to Quito and Otavalo. More on them in the next posting.

Cheerio,
Alex.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|