Have Passport, Will Travel: Off again... To Egypt...

Friday, March 09, 2007

Off again... To Egypt...

Afternoon all,

It's been a while since I updated, been busy... Tomorrow I'm off again. This time I'm going back to sunny Egypt. I'm going to a place called Beni Suef. Its about 120 km south of Cairo. Should be there for about 5 days.

I looked the place up online and the only thing I could find was a travel article that said that it wasn't worth getting off the bus there. Nowt to be seen. Only one hotel in town.
Its got hot running water. Running down the walls that is.... if the sun shines....

Off tomorrow morning, I fly via Paris to Cairo wher I stay the first night in Le Meridien, which is good. At least the first night I won't be bed sharing with cockroaches....

The work is standard, a normal new system commissioning so should be straightforward. (Famous last words 'ey?)

Check out the new Blog of one of my oldest friend s in the UK, Mick.
His Blog is at: http://mickthewanderer.blogspot.com/

We worked together for years working telecoms. I spend an eight week stint in Hong Kong with him, which was eventful.... to say the least. We got the world record for the highest telephone exhange ever build. We stuck one in on the 28th floor of a skyscraper on Kowloon. Our subway rides back to our appartments usually were eventful as we stuck out like a sore thumb on the HongKong underground. We quite often had to get off before our stop to prevent us from having to kill locals... On memorable time I got a wallop from a woman who must have at least been 80- years old... She didn't appreciate hanging of a strap with her face in my armpit after a good day of sweating at work.... That caused us to get off, still on Kowloon, where we proceeded to try to drink the New Territories dry and consequently missed the last subway and ferry back to the island. The taxi through the tunnel cost us a bomb.... Like I said Good Times!

Also got the next trip lined up, In a coupple of weeks I'm off to South Africa to meet the people that mangle my original language (Dutch) into their own version, zuid afrikaans...

OK, gotta go, tickets to be organised,

Cheerio,

Alex.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|